... Billy the Exterminator.
This is all my parents' fault, of course. I wouldn't have known this show existed if they hadn't told me about it, but now that I've seen it several times, I am full-on hooked. It doesn't help that:
- Billy totally looks like someone I would have dated in high school. I'm not proud of this, but it's true.
- He doesn't kill anything he doesn't have to. Awwww!
- The show takes place in my husband's hometown. I LOVE my husband's hometown, not just because I have excellent associations with that place (I married well; my inlaws are awesome) but because it reminds me, just a little bit, of a southern version of my own hometown.
- I love Billy's parents. LOVE THEM.
- I also love that his brother Ricky is literally deathly allergic to insect venom but always seems to be present when they get a call about wasps, hornets or yellowjackets. That's just the sort of twisted family dynamic to which I can relate.