Monday, February 7, 2011

Currently in love with ...



... Billy the Exterminator.

This is all my parents' fault, of course. I wouldn't have known this show existed if they hadn't told me about it, but now that I've seen it several times, I am full-on hooked. It doesn't help that:
  1. Billy totally looks like someone I would have dated in high school. I'm not proud of this, but it's true.
  2. He doesn't kill anything he doesn't have to. Awwww!
  3. The show takes place in my husband's hometown. I LOVE my husband's hometown, not just because I have excellent associations with that place (I married well; my inlaws are awesome) but because it reminds me, just a little bit, of a southern version of my own hometown.
  4. I love Billy's parents. LOVE THEM.
  5. I also love that his brother Ricky is literally deathly allergic to insect venom but always seems to be present when they get a call about wasps, hornets or yellowjackets. That's just the sort of twisted family dynamic to which I can relate.
So yeah, I have an unseemly fondness for this show. That's something you need to know about me. Also, I could easily eat my bodyweight in grapefruit, if that were medically advisable, which I suspect it is not.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I love that show too. Glad to see I'm not the only girl who does. It freaks me out when his brother has to go with him on the bee jobs. Scary. Love the new blog, by the way :) Finally de-lurked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if you like "Billy the Exterminator" then you're gonna LOVE the History Channel's "Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy". Moonshining and NASCAR in Georgia, etiquette lessons at the Emily Post House in Vermont and bizarre interactions with oversized amphibians in California (where else?). What's not to like about that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, you like this show? Oh, okay--me too. I happened upon it while channel-surfing last summer when my family was in Texas. Boy, was I surprised to see that it takes place in Shreveport, which is also MY hometown!

    ReplyDelete