Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Currently in love with ...



... Imelda May.

I had never heard of this Dublin-born singer until I saw her sing "Inside Out" on the Graham Norton show last month. I don't know whether she just hasn't quite hit it here in the US yet, or whether everyone already knows about her and I've just been living under a rock.

Regardless, I am instantly smitten! Isn't she lovely? And isn't that, like, the funnest song EVER? Her new album, Mayhem, sounds fantastic and I can't wait until the mp3 version is available on Amazon (the CD is available now, but it's an import and therefore kind of expensive and anyway I hardly ever buy CDs anymore).

I think she needs to come to Texas. Because Texas would LOVE her!

1 comment:

  1. I love her too. First saw her on the Abbey Road sessions. There is a video here.
    http://www.sundancechannel.com/live-from-abbey-road/video/

    ReplyDelete