All that will change next week, as this is pretty much the ONLY non-crazy-busy week during our entire summer. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
So here is what I've been doing so far on my summer vacation, in addition to the above:
- Starting to read books, realizing I don't like them, setting them aside in favor of other books, lather, rinse, repeat. So far this has happened with John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let Me In (too much distasteful/disturbing, not enough creepy/scary) and Jane Hamilton's A Map of the World (depressing and kind of boring). Right now I am semi-happily reading Tana French's The Likeness and trying very hard not to compare it in my head to Donna Tartt's The Secret History, for which I did not much care. Sigh.
- Drinking lots of cold brew (coffee, not beer).
- Eating weird breakfasts, like Wasa bread spread with peanut butter and sprinkled with dried pineapple, or brown rice topped with baby spinach and a fried egg. I can't quite find my breakfast mojo.
- Walking the dog in the evening rather than in the morning (see above). He doesn't much care either way, but if I walk him in the morning he sleeps all day, and if I walk him in the evening he's hyper all night. What's THAT about?
- Watching Extreme Couponing on TLC. I am obsessed with these grocery-hoarding freaks.
- Listening to Gaga's new album. I know! I'm not really in her target demographic, I don't think, but this new album is kind of good, you guys.
- Grilling everything. Last night it was tilapia in foil packets with herbs, onions and lemon.
In other news, it's already in the upper 90s here. Every damn day.
And that pretty much brings you up to speed.