Monday, October 31, 2011

A Halloween playlist

Hey! Happy Halloween, everyone! I've been listening to Pandora's Halloween Party genre station all week in preparation for the holiday, and while I like it just fine, it occasionally plays songs for which I do not particularly care. Or, like, 42 different versions of "Monster Mash" within a 30-minute period. Oy.

This inspired me to comb through my collection of digital music and come up with my own darn Halloween playlist for my Not-an-iPod, so I thought I'd post a little sampling from it just for grins. My pre-NaBloPoMo gift to you! Some of these are pretty obvious, and some of them are ... just because I'm weird.

"Lonely is the Night" by Billy Squier
"I Don't Wanna Go Down to the Basement" by the Ramones
"The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen
"Twilight Zone" by Golden Earring
"Devil Inside" by INXS
"Destroyer" by the Kinks
"Carnival" by Natalie Merchant
"The Ghost in You" by Psychedelic Furs
"Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads
"Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon
"I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow
"Skulls" by the Misfits
"Monkey Gone to Heaven" by the Pixies
"Possum Kingdom" by the Toadies
"Seether" by Veruca Salt
"Witchy Woman" by the Eagles
"Frankenstein" by Edgar Winter
"Magic Man" by Heart
"Run Like Hell" by Pink Floyd
"Killer Queen" by Queen
"Black Magic Woman" by Santana
"Strange Magic" by Electric Light Orchestra
"Bat Out of Hell" by Meatloaf
"Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones
"Runnin' with the Devil" by Van Halen
"Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
"Space Lord" by Monster Magnet
"Drain the Blood" by The Distillers
"Zombie" by The Cranberries
"I Wanna Kill My Wife Tonight" by Mojo Nixon
"Dragula" by Rob Zombie
"Creeping Death" by Metallica
"Beyond the Realms of Death" by Judas Priest
"The Number of the Beast" by Iron Maiden
"Bad Things" by Jace Everett
"My Body's a Zombie for You" by Dead Man's Bones
"Psycho" by Imelda May
"You Want the Candy" by the Raveonettes
"Friend of the Devil" by the Grateful Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment