Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The hum


Oh you guys. It has been business as usual here in the couple of weeks since P and I got back from our little second honeymoon. Emphasis on the "busi". Here's what's been going on:
  • We got C allergy tested and he reacted to 18 foods. EIGHTEEN, you guys. Stuff like lamb and onions and corn and almonds and OMG, I don't even know. (Yes I do. I have a list. But it's SO LONG.) Next stop: blood tests. They are a bit more accurate, apparently. Oof.
  • Speaking of blood tests, I had blood work done, just the usual yearly stuff, but this was the first time since I'd gone (modified) paleo. And my numbers are fantastic. Will write more about that over at the other blog sometime Real Soon Now.
  • And also I got an endometrial ablation last week! Yes, I did! And I will tell you all about it in lurid detail in another post. With lots of warnings for folks who don't want to know that which once known, cannot be unknown. Which probably is most of you.
  • H's school had their homecoming on the night of the full moon AND WON in a very exciting game on a very beautiful night. It was supposed to rain, but it held off.
  • It's been raining A LOT. Boy howdy.
  • I cleaned out the pantry! Which I hadn't done for at least four years, judging by the expiration dates on some of that petrified crap. Wow.
  • Over the weekend I took H to an open casting call and she didn't get asked to read, but somehow we BOTH might end up as extras in an Adam Sandler movie? Or something? Because if she gets called I'll have to be there anyway so I might as well get paid? This stage mother shit is so confusing.
Speaking of mothers, mine has a birthday today! We are 19 years, 11 months and 2 days apart in age and she is awesome.


Happy birthday, Ma. And many more to come. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your mother! I love reading your blog and keeping up with your family who I've only known through your writing. How cool will that be if you are and extra in an Adam Sandler movie. Your career may be branching out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kathy's Mom!
    18 is a scary list
    Lurid details, please. You know we're all in for them.

    ReplyDelete