Thursday, October 30, 2014

This Week In My Kitchen :: Blog Hop






Not a whole lot going on in the ol' kitchen this week because H has appointments every single day after school this month, oy. I've been trying to take advantage of the last week of Daylight Saving Time to grill up everything that needs grilling though, like those chicken thighs and lamb chops up there.

And we've been eating lots of veggies! In that second pic: green salad, kale salad with apples and pomegranate arils and garam masala-toasted pepitas, roasted potatoes and purple cabbage, sweet potato "noodles". Yum. I love the produce this time of year! Root veggies and brassicas are my fave. I come from a potatoes-and-cabbage-eating people. I don't know what to tell you.

I made a special treat this week and it nearly killed me from happiness -- the cinnamon rolls from The Paleo Kitchen by Juli Bauer and George Bryant. They taste exactly like the little cinnamon rolls my mom would make from leftover pie crust dough whenever she baked pies for the holidays, BUT they are grain-free and very low in sugar (the "icing" you see in the photo is just unsweetened coconut butter). Plus they are way more huge than cinnamon rolls made from leftover crust. I love these things SO MUCH and will make a triple batch to freeze for the holidays Real Soon Now.

Last night was meatballs and spaghetti. Spaghetti squash for me. I got super smart and made the meatballs, sauce and squash at lunchtime. Then I just dumped the sauce and meatballs in the slow-cooker and stuck the squash in the fridge to be re-heated when I made the spaghetti for my non-paleo people (read: everyone but me) after H's appointment yesterday afternoon. Pretty proud of myself for thinking ahead; it doesn't happen often. And also we had salad. I felt you should know.

Not much else is going on around here. I read Eleanor & Park because people on the internets can't shut up about how awesome Rainbow Rowell is and I liked it and now I'm about to start Station Eleven. I haven't been in the mood to read scary stuff this Halloween season but I'm still loving American Horror Story. And The Walking Dead. Hello, was Gareth not the most verbose and boring cannibal ever? Shut up, Gareth. No one wants to be talked to death while you're eating their leg right in front of them. Get some social skills, geez.

Yep. That's about it. Happy Halloween, Blessed Samhain, insert whatever the proper greeting is for El Dia de los Muertos here. And whatnot. Talk to you in November, yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts get yummier with every, um, post.
    I believe I am the only one who doesn't give a crap about all these scary series/movies/stuff.

    ReplyDelete