It is very hot here now, 80s when I wake up around 8-ish a.m. and triple digits by lunchtime, but the weird thing is that I kind of like it. I don't know if it's the losing 20 pounds thing or if I've just lost my mutha-effin' mind, but ... yes. I do not hate the hot weather anymore. I don't even know what to tell you about that. This time last year I was looking for retirement homes in North Carolina, and now I'm thinking Texas is awesome, except for our politics, and let's not even go there, okay? I am happy to tell you how my uterus is trying to kill me during menopause and how I am sort of going blind a little bit, but let's not get into politics. God forbid. Assuming you believe in God. Let's not go there, either. Would you like a martini? Is it okay if I have one? Awesome. Slainte!
Here are some things I've been doing:
- Playing World of Warcraft with C and also taking him to the UT campus so he can look at his future home away from home.
- Taking H driving because she has her learner's permit now, OMG.
- Cooking. Lots of stuff.
- Drinking. Lots of stuff.
- Watching a bunch of horrible television.
- Reading Jonathan Tropper again and downloading more books to my Kindle than I will ever be able to read in a lifetime.
- Taking myself out to lunch. Because I deserve it, goddammit.
- Still eating modified paleo. And still keeping my weight off.
- NOT EXERCISING AT ALL.
- Enjoying the heat. Did I mention?