Saturday, June 15, 2013

Procrastinating the procurement of victuals





Right, that's two weeks of summer vacation down. I'm supposed to be out grocery shopping right now but I'm talking to you all instead. Because: SUMMER!

There have been highlights: taking P's sister and brother-in-law to the lake for enchiladas and a spectacular sunset, H getting her learner's permit (for driving), P and C and I attending a mini-Maker Faire in our little town.

And there have been lowlights: mostly the fact that H was sick as a dog from the time school let out until just a couple of days ago, and that I have been suffering from Yet Another Malady that shall remain unnamed but rest assured that I am not dying. Not from this, anyway. Oh, and P has been working CRAZY hours. So yeah.

I've gotten emails asking about C and his misophonia and how things are going there, and I have to tell you, things are (knock wood) the best they've been in a couple of years, really. We've discovered that managing his anxiety is the key to managing both his misophonia and the depression that goes along with it. Right now he's taking 10 mg of Lexapro and 7.5 mg of Abilify per day. He's not doing any therapy in addition to that because he started getting a weird rebound kind of thing from the neurotherapy he was doing, where he would be fine all week long but then be SUPER anxious and sensitive for a good 24 hours after his therapy session. So we stopped that. He has good days and bad days but on the good days he can have conversations with both P and H, which is just unbelievably fantastic considering there was a time not too long ago when he couldn't stand to hear either of them breathing. So that's all good.

I only managed to buy one tomato plant this year and it has exactly one tomato on it. One tiny, very green tomato. The blossoms keep falling off without making any fruit. My dad the master gardener told me to sprinkle some epsom salt around it but either I didn't use enough, or I used too much, or I suck at growing tomatoes. Probably that last one given my track record. Oh well. At least the herbs look pretty good, except the dill and the Thai basil. The kaffir lime looks AMAZING but now I can't remember how I'm supposed to cook with it. Oy.

Alrighty, then. Those grass-fed ribeyes that P requested for his Father's Day dinner aren't going to buy themselves. Have a great weekend, and happy day to all you dads out there. Especially my dad. And my sweet P.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy to hear C is doing better! And hooray for summer (whoever can enjoy it ...).

    ReplyDelete