Tuesday, December 31, 2013

And to you your wassail too


Oh, you guys.

Our Christmas was awesome, absolutely stellar the whole day through, right up until around 7 p.m. when I felt that little dry tickle at the back of my throat that heralds illness.

I have languished in my bed ever since, staring out the window at a steady parade of shiny new bikes and scooters and skateboards zipping to and from the park behind our house, watching the leafless black fingers of elms scratch feebly at a white winter sky, cursing in my feverish delirium the watery, weak-tea sunlight for its lack of warmth and cheer.

Yep. Pretty sure it was Man Flu. You can hear the whining from way over there, can't you?

I am not QUITE recovered, but I think I can see a glimmer of wellness way off on the horizon, and I have the good drugs now and a Kindle chock-full of excellent books, so there's that.

Here's to good health and prosperity for us all in 2014, eh wot?

No comments:

Post a Comment