Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy days



So hey, December is flying by, eh? We're back from our annual pilgrimage to the ArkLaTex to celebrate an early Christmas with P's family, which is always a good time. Highlights included: seeing all the family, the amazing food (I ate things I shouldn't have eaten and I'M NOT SORRY), the many tiny dogs that I struggled not to smuggle into my suitcase for the ride home (that guy with the ears up there? I like him more than most people I know), and the two ice chests full of venison, hog and farm-fresh eggs that we brought back home courtesy of our nephew and his wife.

Highlights did NOT include: driving 6+ hours up there in nonstop blinding rain, watching a guy take a whiz off the side of a bridge in east Texas, and OMG THE COLD IT WAS SO COLD YOU GUYS.

But the positives FAR outweighed the negatives, and the drive home featured sunshine and a decided lack of public urination, so yay!

The cookies were baked and the presents wrapped before we left, so now that we're home, there's nothing left to do but eat my weight in paleo goodies (not pictured), drink a butt-ton of spiked (non-dairy) eggnog and have a nice, quiet Christmas. If you're doing the Christmas thing too, I hope yours is wonderful.

See you on the other side.

2 comments:

  1. Well then it's settled. Sit back and relax. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Kathy! It sounds like a great one!

    ReplyDelete