I've been meaning to participate in Heather Bruggeman's This Week In My Kitchen blog hop for quite some time, and now I am, yay! Heather's description:
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Things that have been happening in my kitchen this week:
- Making almond milk -- definitely a weekly occurrence.
- So many veggies for dinner most nights, and sometimes fruit, like grilled pineapple.
- Haven't been making too many virgin cocktails lately, but this cherry-lime smash was a hit. I love cherry season!
- Snapping green beans at the sink reminds me of childhood.
- I usually have dinner leftovers for lunch -- chicken thighs, green beans and grilled apricots on this particular day.
- I continue to be obsessed with this dressing. I really need to start quadrupling the recipe.
- I'm also obsessed with this local raw honey.
- And homemade ice cream. I'm obsessed with that, too. We bought a new Cuisinart to replace our old cheapie machine that had lost its paddle and that together with Kelly Brozyna's new book means there is NO STOPPING ME NOW.
- Homemade almond milk, homemade cold brew coffee, homemade iced lattes 4eva!