Thursday, June 26, 2014

This Week In My Kitchen :: Blog Hop











I've been meaning to participate in Heather Bruggeman's This Week In My Kitchen blog hop for quite some time, and now I am, yay! Heather's description:

Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.

Things that have been happening in my kitchen this week:
  • Making almond milk -- definitely a weekly occurrence.
  • So many veggies for dinner most nights, and sometimes fruit, like grilled pineapple.
  • Haven't been making too many virgin cocktails lately, but this cherry-lime smash was a hit. I love cherry season!
  • Snapping green beans at the sink reminds me of childhood.
  • I usually have dinner leftovers for lunch -- chicken thighs, green beans and grilled apricots on this particular day. 
  • I continue to be obsessed with this dressing. I really need to start quadrupling the recipe.
  • I'm also obsessed with this local raw honey.
  • And homemade ice cream. I'm obsessed with that, too. We bought a new Cuisinart to replace our old cheapie machine that had lost its paddle and that together with Kelly Brozyna's new book means there is NO STOPPING ME NOW.
  • Homemade almond milk, homemade cold brew coffee, homemade iced lattes 4eva!
Thanks for the inspiration, Heather!

6 comments:

  1. I must get some more raw honey. We ate it regularly through the winter and I swear that's why we didn't have flu and hardly any colds this year. The maple dressing sounds amazing. I love maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Is the almond milk easy to make I imaging having to pummel hundreds of almonds in a pestle and mortar? I'm sure that it's really worth the results.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almond milk is super easy! Just soak a cup of raw almonds overnight with a pinch of sea salt, drain and rinse really well in the morning, throw them in a blender with a large pitted date (optional) and 4 cups filtered water, blend them like crazy and then strain through a cheesecloth or nut milk bag. You can save the pulp to make almond meal, too!

      Delete
  2. Homemade ice cream! Oh how I adore homemade ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine. It all sounds just divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing the dressing recipe...just the kind of thing that I love. I'll be making it soon!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete